Information diffusée sur Corpora-list :
The faculty of Linguistics and Literary Studies at the University of Bremen, Germany, is pleased to announce that it will host a in August 2018, organised under the aegis of the Learner Corpus Association.
The aim of the event is to introduce researchers into the field of Learner Corpus Research through a series of overview lectures and hands-on sessions. The summer school is targeted at both young researchers, e.g. PhD students who have recently embarked on a learner corpus project, but also more experienced researchers from
neighbouring fields such as corpus linguistics, SLA or LTA who want to know more about this dynamic, interdisciplinary field of research.
The following topics will be covered:
– an overview of the field of LCR and its resources
– learner corpus methodology and annotation
– statistics for the analysis of learner corpus data
– combining learner corpora with other data types in SLA research
– a selection of elective modules (consisting of a lecture and
hands-on session) depending on the needs and interests of the
The classes are taught by an international team of leading experts in the field. Participants will also have the opportunity to give a brief presentation on their project and meet one of the teachers to discuss their projects individually.
– registration fee: EUR 55
– no tuition fees
– small bursary for international PhD students towards their travel expenses
Online registration opens on Friday, January 26th, at noon. For
practical reasons, the number of participants is restricted to 22
people. In order to register, download our application form, fill it
in and sent it by e-mail to Mrs. Reinhilt Schultze at